Friday, May 16, 2008

Fish

Just making a quick post to tell you:
If you didn't already know, I recently got a goldfish. Unfortunately, we got him at Wal-Mart, so he only lasted three days before dying. We went to Pet Co the next day; the guy there suggested coming back the next day since they would have more goldfish in then. We came back the next day, and there was a different guy there. He told us that a goldfish wouldn't do well in our bowl, so he suggested a beta. And, that's what we ended up doing. I now have a male beta fish.
I received many suggestions for names, including Larry, Albert, etc. Evelyn suggested Oswald or Mog III. I decided to name him Alfred (the Great) II. It's a kingly enough name for him. Here's some pictures:

5 comments:

Logan said...

Suite! :)

I was thinking that he looked more like a blue-fish than a gold fish. I've never heard of a "Beta" before.

Anonymous said...

Albert looks very elegant. I hope you enjoy him for many months.
-Arwen

Stephen said...

Oh...is it betta? I've heard it both ways. I dunno which is right...

It's Alfred Mommy. Alfred the Great II.

Anonymous said...

Excellent. I like Alfred already. I like your choice of name, too--Alfred was one of the greatest Anglo-Saxon kings, alongside Oswald, and he's greater than Oswald in one sense because he promoted a resurgence in Anglo-Saxon art and literature.

P.S. I think beta is the right way to spell it.

Red Baron said...

Cool fish. Did I mention that Annalee is getting a fish too? I probably didn't. Anyway, cool fish.

Red Baron