Monday, September 22, 2008

Miniatures...

So I got some more miniatures recently. All of them at low prices from ebay (Wonderful site :)). So, here's some pictures.
So I got several blister backs (which usually have 3 soldiers, or several heroes or something like that). Unknowingly, I accidentally got two that both have a Grishnack in them. Since I didn't have any use for two Grishnacks, I decided to convert one. This is how he turned out. It wasn't too hard, just chopped off his hand, put a bow into his hand, slapped a quiver on his back, stuck him on a rock, voila, an orc archer. Here's how they compare to each other:
As you can tell, they're quite different now.
This is Aragorn. I got him from a guy on ebay. He cost $0.99, shipping $3. He didn't have a base, and was already undercoated white. I gave him one of my many extra bases, glued him, on and went from there. It was my first attempt at painting off of a white undercoat, since I usually paint off a black undercoat. I think he turned out pretty well. The picture really doesn't do it justice.And here's one of the coolest monsters :). Shelob, which usually costs $30+ from Games Workshop, only cost me $16 from a European seller. The reason for the low price was that Shelob was missing one of her front tentacles. So, instead of making her one-tentacled in the front, I just left the other off. Can't really tell. It was kinda hard to glue together, since all 8 of her legs had to go just right and I had to let each side dry, and sometimes one wouldn't dry in the right position...but in the end, it wasn't too hard. Turned out well I think.

3 comments:

Logan said...

Nice! I'll have to take a closer look sometime. The converted orc archer looks pretty good. I don't think I would have been able to tell it had been something else previously.

Anonymous said...

Quite scary! The other orc looks like he was made to look that way. Shelob is convincing!-Arwenn

Anonymous said...

Now we know what you've been doing with all your spare time....