I thought I would just post a quick update. I have sort of finished my lengthy summary of TFY, but unfortunately, since I never really had time to just sit down and type it out, I had to finish it in sections, so that it's really nothing more than a bunch of notes to myself about what happened, without any real explanations to people who have never been to TFY about what it is and what I did there. And now that school has started in earnest, I don't think I'll really have time to polish it up. So...I probably won't post it ever. But, if you really want to know what happened, leave me a comment and I'll e-mail it to you or something.
And, speaking of school, I might as well tell you what I'm doing this semester so you all don't have to ask me a bajillion times. I'm taking a History of Science course at home. Basically, I didn't have any more history to do, so my Mom came up with a History of Science course, which consists of reading books about famous scientists and writing papers about the history of science. The only other things I'm taking at home are vocabulary, Bible (right now I'm reading a History of Princeton Seminary; it sounds a bit boring, but it's actually quite fascinating), and my regular piano/basketball stuff.
At OSU, I'm taking a third semester of Latin with Dr. Epstein (14 people enrolled in the class; about 6 come every time), which is fairly fun, although a bit challenging because of the advanced stuff we're getting to (subjunctive!). And then I'm also taking Physics with Ms. Harmon. It hasn't been terribly hard so far, but it's definitely not my favorite subject.
You might look at that and think "Wow, he's not doing much." But, if you give about an hour and a half each day for History of Science (reading books, writing essays, etc.), an hour for piano practice, an hour for basketball "conditioning," an hour for physics homework, and half an hour for Latin homework, in addition to actually going to Physics and Latin classes, piano lessons, basketball practice, and Hands Abroad, and it adds up rather quickly.
So there you go. A nice summary of things.
Expect fewer posts in the months to come; but I will try to do some occasionally.
1 comment:
But, if you really want to know what happened, leave me a comment and I'll e-mail it to you or something.
I'd really like to know, please....
Post a Comment